Sunday, November 9, 2014

Coconut-coffee-almond "ice cream" and raspberry sherbet

A few months back (near someone's birthday, probably mine), I made two not-quite-ice-creams in a row. Here's a picture of them with some birthday cake.

 

The first was a coconut cream based ice cream, flavored with coffee and with toasted chopped almonds mixed in. It was inspired by an internet recipe, although I don't recall which one. The base had 2 cans of Trader Joe's coconut cream, 3 packets of Starbucks Via instant coffee, less than a cup of sugar, and some vanilla.

The ingredients for the coconut-coffee base

The second dessert was a simple raspberry sherbet (raspberries, milk, sugar, a bit of lemon juice). I believe the recipe was from The Perfect Scoop.

Raspberry sherbet

Both were great, but I loved the sherbet best. It was fresh and clean tasting, and raspberries have such a pretty, intense color.

The coconut-coffee-almond seemed bitter at first (something I've noticed with other coconut-coffee combos) but after a couple of bites I really liked it.


Coming soon: goodbye to a broken bread machine, and hello to a beautiful new one.

No comments:

Post a Comment