Sunday, March 8, 2015

Nine-grain honey bread: meh

Saturday I made nine-grain honey bread (Hensperger p. 190), which is a simple bread with some honey and butter. About half the solid part is whole grain flour or soaked nine-grain cereal.

I set up the bread before going out for a few hours, and it was ready in time for dinner. The bread was a little bitter tasting at first but good once you got used to it. A thick slice of bread and a slice of swiss cheese... that was dinner, and it wasn't bad.

Nine-grain honey bread

I made the smaller size loaf (1.5 pounds), reducing the salt to 3/4 t and bread machine yeast to 2 t. I used the Basic setting (not Whole Wheat), with a Dark crust and the delay timer. If I make it again, I'll reduce the yeast to 1.5 t, since the top of the loaf collapsed a bit. But I'm not sure I'll make it again.

The top of the loaf collapsed a bit.

No comments:

Post a Comment